what happens if a viking cruise is cancelled

Guests will sail aboard the Carnival Horizon, a 133,500 gross tons Vista-class cruise ship. I'm not predicting anything, and I don't have any inside info. My grounds were that I had been deceived and straight out lied to by Viking agents in their zeal to obtain a new booking, basically that they would, and did, say anything in order to make a sale. Twitchly, May 7, 2021 in Viking Ocean. As a private resort destination for Carnival, Amber Cove is crammed with watersports activities, dining opportunities, shopping, shore excursions, and fun attractions. At least once during your sailing, the ship will offer behind-the-scenes tours of the bridge, where the captain and crew manage the direction and speed of the ship, and the galley, the kitchen, a Viking representative says. We rebooked for July 2021. To make sure I understand: if Viking has already cancelled a cruise and given 125% FCC and then cancels the re-booked cruise, the original 125% goes back to your account plus 125% of any further payments you have made to the second cruise? On the morning of Dec. 26, we arrived as scheduled in Valletta, Malta, docking within view of the gorgeous old city. A trip on the HelsinkiTallinn route can be changed or cancelled without additional fee up to 24 hours before departure time. Would our only option be another voucher? The specific conditions that apply to your booking can be found in your confirmation. I have my heart set on being at the Dubai World Fair in Dec 2021. 0000018268 00000 n If the 125% vouchers will be refunded at the 100% of originally paid amount level after t wo years, that's a great deal for Viking. 60% of Full Fare. AmaWaterways does include it [along, of course, with Keukenhof]. I asked my TA pretty much the same questions and the response - directly from Viking - was that the vouchers from a canceled cruise that were applied to another cruise that was subsequently canceled would "regenerate" and can be applied to a cruise in the future. Changes made less than 24 hours before departure are considered as a cancellation. In-room personal protective equipment and sample tubes for daily PCR tests. By Thank you for the update, apparently the date on the link has not been updated. Ocean cruises have similar options, though exact room sizes and features will vary. b ` endstream endobj 63 0 obj <>>> endobj 64 0 obj <>/ExtGState<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text]/Properties<>>>/Rotate 0/TrimBox[0.0 0.0 595.276 841.89]/Type/Page/PieceInfo>/PageUIDList<0 211>>/PageWidthList<0 595.276>>>>>>>> endobj 65 0 obj <> endobj 66 0 obj <>stream CC Help Jenn For bookings containing more than 30 people, conference and some other bookings, terms and conditions 2 applies, which you can read here. I paid $5000 using an FCC and $5000 on my credit card. Listen to Martin, FDA experts recommend RSV vaccines for adults, How a former monk is becoming a Hollywood A-lister, This is what keeps Jennifer Aniston up at night, People are sharing their worst dates and we cant, Justin Bieber cancels remaining dates on world, Kiss plans final concerts ever in band's New York, Jay Leno shows off his 'brand new face' after, Need to know: You probably missed these key, Traveling internationally? The FFS#6 promises to be one of the most exciting cruises of 2024. 0000550657 00000 n 0000018937 00000 n For example, each river cruise has two 445-sq.-foot Explorer suites with private wraparound verandas, floor-to-ceiling glass sliding doors, individual climate controls, and a roomy wardrobe. 0000017377 00000 n If you cant travel as planned you must cancel or change your reservation as soon as possible. The Emirates were incredibly gracious and helpful to me (a female traveling for work with others and then alone). ex: The best boulangerie in Paris has an outpost in Dubai. For us, the airlines wound up canceling the flights, so we got the credit. We "lost" the first time and "won" the second time. This guarantee is combinable with all other Viking offers available. It was all done on the same day. (Blame COVID-19 not the guy from "Footloose."). On 5/7/2021 at 11:15 PM, Peregrina651 said: On 5/9/2021 at 8:00 PM, CCWineLover said: 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. "), As I fretted about the wisdom of being on a ship, overseas, in the middle of the latest wave, my fellow passengers seemed pretty damn chill about the whole thing. tX/a(c`:'z}c l~&9p!Dfe9 For river cruises, tipping recommendations vary depending on your location. Remember, Viking cruises provide pretty much everything you need for a great vacation. Should you cancel or wait for Viking to cancel? I will be 72 by then and while I was planning a trip since september, 2018, my husband passed away, I changed the trip. Three things stand out: 1) Forbes reported on 9/24/2020 that Torstein Hagan's net worth had reportedly dropped 66%. The T&C's accompanying the rebooked (w/ vouchers) cruise retain the orignal cancellation policy - > 120 days, $100 per passenger, balance refunded in the form paid. That's the best approach. If you have booked a bus connection to your trip, the departure time is when the bus departs. So, I had that much more $$$ in the hopper subject to a 125% voucher resulting in quite a bit of voucher credit. While youll want to show your gratitude to the ships staff, youll want to know what youre paying, particularly if youre traveling on a ship that doesnt use your typical currency. Odyssey trip in Sept. 2022! On a Viking cruise, diners can visit any restaurant without incurring any additional charge. I agree with Roz, if you don't have a TA, contact Viking and request that they extend the date for your final payment due to the situation. plus 125% of any further payments you have made to the second cruise? Which date are you going? Started June 21, 2021, By Cancelation by Viking? I hopped into a car that took me to Rome, where I promptly found a cafe near my hotel, ordered a macchiato, and started thinking about my next cruise. 0000004508 00000 n I do note the voucher is transferable, but I don't really want to go into the cruise sales business. That said, I still want to believe, with the help of a good insurance policy, that Viking will pull through. 0000018293 00000 n I booked two excursions before they cancelled the cruise. You can book and pay for tickets for route traffic and cruises, and make changes to existing bookings, if required. 1 to explore the world fair. 0000006334 00000 n 0000006223 00000 n The following day the ship will call to Aruba, a beautiful island home to some of the Caribbeans most beautiful beaches, including Eagle Beach and Palm Beach. 0000016867 00000 n nr. I think this also depends on when your reservation was made. LauraS There are two matrices depending on the length of your voyage. 0000014758 00000 n The total cost of the cruise I just paid for was $10,000. 59 or less. . For example, you have to buy the cruise froma cruise travel agent. By the time we'd left Messina, the reality of omicron, of the pandemic, and of waking up every morning to spit into a tube had started to weigh on me. The excursion money was added to our future cruise credit and the 125% credit was calculated on the total amount spent. Copyright 2022 Travel + Leisure Co. All Rights Reserved. CRUISE HIVE LTD 2008-2023. We'll send you a weekly newsletter to your inbox. "Well, my mother told me to grab limes and tequila and make margaritas.". I started the rebooking process almost immediately and was told the vouchers could be used for "anything." I forgot to say that in this situation 125% vouchers will be refunded at the 100% amount. WHEN THE PAX CANCELS OR CHOOSES TO RE-BOOK (WHICH VIKING CONSIDERS A CANCELLATION): If you are more than 121 days out from Day 1 of your package, you can cancel your vacation with just a $100pp. Were not doing any pre or post for this cruise. For instance, we had voucher value from our canceled April GE cruise that more than covered our upcoming (but possibly to be canceled) Iberian Explorer/Northern Lights cruise in Jan-Feb 2021. Ocean cruisers wont want to miss out on Torshavn. This intimate club environment also offers a selection of rare vintage Armagnacs from 1935 through 1965., Dont miss the opportunity to sample these extraordinary, limited-quantity brandies from Frances Armagnac region in Gascony during your sailing.. The Viking River Cruises website contains gratuity recommendations for various cruises, along with currency recommendations. Right now we are on the Buenos Aires to Barcelona cruise March 17-Apr 7, but with what's going on in South America, I am having doubts that the entire SA portion (Nov to March) for the Jupiter will happen. We decided to wait. Offers may be subject to change without notice. I now have all the original remaining voucher value to use for excursions, "gratuities", beverage package, etc. 0000005059 00000 n However, Viking offers a few apps to make your cruise more enjoyable, and if you dont install them, youll miss out. The first two days will be fun days at sea, giving guests plenty of time to explore the ship and participate in various onboard activities. Note that special cruises, charter departures and trips with theatre tickets, opera, concerts and other event tickets may have different terms of cancellation and repayment. Cruises that have been started does not provide a refund. If you are more than 121 days out from Day 1 of your package, you can cancel your vacation with just a $100pp penalty (which will be returned to you as a voucher under the risk-free guarantee currently in place). By mid-2021, the cash collected and rolled forward in 2020 will be gone. Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions. Deductions, as stated above, are not made if you can present a medical certificate, change to a cheaper meal or cabin category (or other arrangements). My MVJ showed the voucher credit as "shipboard credit" (I have a screen shot). Refund according to ordinary terms, also cancellation of a return trip. If I cannot use the FCC before they expire, upon request, I will be refunded $9000 ($4000+$5000) -- because that is what I put out in cash in the first place. CC Help Jenn I canceled just before they did , and I received my 50 percent refund. if you have any 125% vouchers, they will be refunded less the 25% bonus. Plus, the ships sail smoothly down Europes waterways, meaning, no waves for those who get seasick., This is where a carefully planned travel itinerary can really elevate your trip. Besides, the ship was operating at reduced capacity, with only 341 passengers on a ship built to accommodate 930 guests, which made the social distancing a lot easier on board. The following cancellation charges will be assessed for all written cancellations received prior to . We "lost" out the first rebook and got lots back the second rebook. Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/2-191004_BookingAndSaleTermsAndConditions_wMSP_v4.pdf, https://www.vikingcruises.com/risk-free-guarantee-through-april-2020.html?_ga=2.151639482.2037751566.1603814687-1589527027.1603064073, https://www.vikingcruises.com/risk-free-guarantee.html, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions. Hoping and waiting for our December 2021 cruise has kept my sanity through the pandemic! Europe's Danube River is a frequent route for Viking River Cruises. Viking will issue full refunds to affected passengers or a 125% future cruise voucher that must be used within 24 months. Hence our Med. 0000001981 00000 n Once the rebooking was made, and the seven day refund period had lapsed, everything changed. 0000670737 00000 n If not done properly, aspects of the policy can be accidentally nullified. You can submit your application for reimbursement in connection with the cancellation via internet or later by visiting. Nothing. A simple place to start: Mamsens, a chic deli located on every Viking ocean cruise ship. In other words, we have quite a bit of extra value in the hopper for the rebooked cruise. Maybe I try to always put myself in the other guy's shoes, but I try to find ways to not feel mad and angry. 0000001296 00000 n 0000585952 00000 n By If relevant government regulations or guidance prohibits or restricts travel, either within the UK or abroad, then we may have to cancel planned cruises, or amend itineraries or other conditions for travel at short or no notice. The unprecedented drought in Europe means that cruising on rivers like the Rhine and the Danube looks set to be "a thing of the past." As water levels drop, more and more tourist destinations are . Route trips outbound and homebound. Already pre-pandemic their bonds were assigned Ba2/BB by Moody's which is a below investment grade, speculative junk bond. Of course, if you miss a stop, you can still enjoy the cities: Vikings Culture Curriculum program provides onboard performances and lectures from artists, musicians, and historians, along with authentic culinary demonstrations.. The cruise line provides luxurious river and ocean cruises, with luxurious being the key word; while most people think of a cruise vacation as a by-the-numbers affair, Viking has redefined guest expectations by providing a carefully cultivated all-inclusive experience. Given the circumstances, using a knowledgeableagent is essential. what happens with your (non-Viking) plane tickets? NOT HAPPY. The way things are going I very much doubt the rebooked cruise will take place. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. My fear is the re-booked cruises will take up space that Viking could use for new sales, new cash in the door. Barcelona - and will be there again in April, 2022. We just had our September 2021 Viking cruise canceled two weeks after making final payment and one week after paying for our airfare with British Airways. Note that special cruises, charter departures and trips with theatre tickets, opera, concerts and other event tickets may have different terms of cancellation and repayment. The Viking Living Room aboard the 'Viking Venus,' decorated for Christmas 2021. 0000003319 00000 n Jim - We booked a River/Ocean combo aboard the Sun, which would have sailed at the end of May 21. If thats not to your interests, you could always relax with a nice afternoon tea. trailer <]/Prev 839367>> startxref 0 %%EOF 111 0 obj <>stream We got a flight (economy class) eventually, but we had to do it ourselves. The, How to stop the next police killing? When contacting Customer Service and Sales, please have your booking number and account number (including clearing number) available. You are quoting old information from the first round of cancellations. So another voucher only, or the monies we paid for the original cruise? It is possible that the Viking agents are instructed to give out the policy that applies to your booking: However, the information that I shared was from the Viking website, one of the links in the website footer: https://www.vikingcruises.com/risk-free-guarantee.html. Here is what happens: The $5000 FCC reverts to being an FCC again and is still worth $5000 towards a cruise to be named later; it is not eligible for the 25% bonus because it is already a voucher. Travel + Leisure magazine may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. The deli, named in her honor, serves cuisine inspired by her kitchen, from sweet rolls with cloudberry jam, salmon gravlax, open-faced sandwiches to her heart-shaped waffles served with jam or gjetost and Norwegian brown goat cheese.. Which date are you going? When the 23 WC was posted, we again moved from the B2B to the WC. We had tickets for a Nov. 2020cruise. That is why Viking is offering a limited-time offerthe most flexible of any cruise lineso that you can plan your voyage with peace of mind. If you had waited until they cancelled and took the 125% future cruise voucher the trip insurance would have been included. C'mon along! I talked to a Viking first,, then had our TA make it happen. You will be able to leave a comment after signing in, By (And days after I left the Venus, the CDC would advise Americans to "avoid cruise travel, regardless of vaccination status," adding that "the chance of getting [COVID-19] on cruise ships is very high. They want to put on a grand show for the world. Every single taxi driver talked about Expo 2020 with such pride. Thats fine if youre on an ocean cruise, but for river cruises, make sure youre taking advantage of the local culture. Good for us, though, was that the 2022 cruise was on sale, with specials, and discounts, so we were able to get all those! Things are not great to be sure. 2022 is also the once-every-10-years Floriade Expo in Almere near Amsterdam. 0000008306 00000 n Started August 27, 2021, By That doesnt necessarily make them a great value. I am angry at viking as well. 100% of Full Fare. It is basically like starting over. Powered by Invision Community. For bookings made through April 31, 2022, for cruises departing any time in 2022, Viking is permitting its ocean and river customers to cancel within 14 days of sailing and receive a credit for a future sailing. 62 0 obj <> endobj xref During our visit to Santorini which was as uncrowded as cruise director Clancy had predicted activities were naturally outdoors. When Viking cancels your cruise, you are entitled to a full cash refund. With The Italian Lakes, post. Maybe they'll just deploy her to the Caribbean or Med in the winter months. Viking Ocean Cruises provide Freyja shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body-wash, replenished daily; frequent cruisers say that the high-quality products are one of the best perks of every trip. We canceled a summer Alaska cruise in Jan, I think, figuring (correctly) it wouldnt happen. Powered by Invision Community. @Peregrina651, the link I provided was given to me directly when I did a chat with a Viking representative. Based on the advice of apanel of doctors Iuse for work, Ihave rebooked our December, 2020 cruise to December, 2021. 0000658714 00000 n As we mentioned earlier, Viking cruises arent cheap, but that doesnt mean that you cant travel frugally. Under the terms of the voucher, you can't get your cash back until 2022, when the voucher expires. For the best possible time, youll want to be flexible. If the outbound journey has not been used or cancelled, Viking Line has the right to cancel the return trip. Our travel service can transfer the balance. 0000658448 00000 n 85% of Full Fare. Weve already got tickets with Delta for our cruise next January. Viking refund policy is the same for Oceans, River and Expeditions. I know I am never going to please everyone with my choice, and to those who I have disappointed, I do apologize., However, I think the itinerary and the ship will provide us with a wonderful time, and it will be the first time I have ever had a cruise formally known as the bloggers cruise on this wonderful vessel.. And even if youre extremely particular about your shampoo, you dont need to bring any onboard. Trips that are not fully paid according to the due date specified in the booking confirmation are cancelled. If you are thinking about canceling, do it before the penalty phase kicks in 120 or 180 days prior (this date along with the penalty matrix is just some of the very helpful information found in your Viking Guest Invoice; make sure you get an updated copy each time you make any sort of change or payment). 0000019071 00000 n Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions, After 24 months, if you are unable to use your. First, remember that once a voucher, always a voucher. The deposited amount cannot be transferred to another person. air is received. Just by moving back one year. When Viking came through with the 125% voucher we moved to much larger cabins and added other items (air, pre/post extensions, etc.). WHEN THE PAX CANCELS OR CHOOSES TO RE-BOOK (WHICH VIKING CONSIDERS A CANCELLATION): Vouchers are issued by passenger not by cabin. True, Viking requires all passengers and crew to be fully vaccinated, and masks were to be required in all indoor areas on the ship except while eating and drinking. We want to inspire you to explore new destinations, discover new experiences and savor the journey. Viking Line advises the traveler to get a travel insurance that includes cancellation protection in the event of illness or accident. Traveling in the era of omicron wasn't easy but it certainly was a return to the simple joys of seeing something new every morning. Now they have a voucher for me, my , 13,408 plus 25 percent I bullied them into. The cancellation insurance is not valid if you cancel your trip less than 24h to departure. 2023 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, LLC. The final port of call is Amber Cove. We've already got tickets with Delta for our cruise next January. Good to hear. On the cruise, guests can attend various events and activities hosted by John Heald himself. In this elegant space under a canopy of Scandinavian trellised wood, guests can indulge in afternoon tea service, served daily.. Visiting in late December, she noted, "was so much better than being here with 40,000 of your closest friends and eight megaships anchored in the caldera," the sort of thing that happens every week in summer. OxnPPYeC% The Best Way to Visit the Remote Marquesas Islands Is on This Hybrid Cargo Cruise Ship, The Best Way to Enjoy Coastal Maine Is Aboard This Luxury Schooner, Every Cruise Line's Requirements for COVID Vaccines, Testing, Norwegian Cruise Line Cancels Sailings Amid Omicron Spread What to Know If You've Booked One, This Incredible Two-week Cruise Goes to the World's Most Isolated Islands and You Can Book It Right Now, I Took My Mother on a Virgin Voyages Trip to Conquer Her Fear of Cruising, I Was One of the First Vaccinated Americans to Visit Thailand in More Than a Year Here's What It Was Like, Go Surfing With Dolphins and Eat Fried Piranha on This Cruise of the Brazilian Rain Forest, I Took My Family on a Cruise to Iceland During COVID Here's What It Was Like, What to Know If You're Planning to Elope Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic, According to Wedding Industry Experts, Good News From Around the World to Make You Smile During Quarantine, What to Know About Cruising During the Pandemic, According to Experts, This Brand-new River Cruise Ship Just Set Sail on the Nile Here's What It's Like on Board, I Took an Alaskan Cruise to See Bears, Killer Whales, and Secret Beaches Here's How You Can, Too, It List 2022: Our Editors' Picks of the Best New Hotels in the World, I Traveled to Bali As It Reopened to Tourists Here's What It's Like to Visit Now, avoid cruise travel, regardless of vaccination status. Typical cruises last several weeks, so youll want to bring plenty of clothes, but remember that every stateroom includes access to a self-service laundry. Youll also want to check out Manfredis Italian Restaurant and The Chefs Table, the cruise lines premium restaurants. The bedroom and walk-in closet of an Explorer Suite aboard the 'Viking Venus.'. You can expect to pay several thousand dollars for your trip (although rates vary greatly by route and month), which seems costly compared to the $500-600 rates youd find from other cruise companies. My wife and I are booked on Jupiter for late next February. Viking ocean and river ships, however, differ in size and number of venues. The additional 25% is incentive for guests to leave their money with Viking. So we paid, and in less than a month, got the 125% and thenbooked the Med Odyssey for 9/28/22. Our original Viking cruise was booked for July 2020. Since you only paid $14K, I'll assume you were on a short cruise of under 35-days, so the cancellation terms were: As one of the apps reviewers puts it: This app is an essential tool for getting the most out of your cruise.. IF if is Viking doing the canceling and if you accept the 125% FCC voucher. In fact, it was originally issued as a 125% voucher; if I don't spend it on another cruise, I will only get $4000 cash back from Viking when I apply for a refund after it has expired two years from the date of issue (that is spelled out on the voucher). We wanted to for that very reason, but for some reason the Viking fare (for economy) was more than double. 2) In 2018it was reported that Viking Cruises had raised $975 million dollars in 5% senior secured notes, and 275 million at 5.875%. But whatever happens, there's . When you are covered by the Risk-Free Guarantee you may change your cruise reservation with notification to Viking. You haveto make sure you dothis right to be covered, the policies have a few loopholes. TRAVEL + LEISURE is a registered trademark of Travel + Leisure Co., registered in the United States and other countries. Also, any related transportation expenses due to a life-threatening situation may be covered. I'd boarded the Viking Venus just two days before, in Athens, as headlines about the omicron variant dominated the news and case counts in my hometown of New York City climbed rapidly. Cancellation matrix, page 3: https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/2-191004_BookingAndSaleTermsAndConditions_wMSP_v4.pdf. But, this whole game is heavily leveraged, and dependent on a resumption of cruising in early to mid-2021. Started August 27, 2021, By But by then, the price increase had claimed the voucher plus an extra $628. As such, guests traveling on either an ocean or river ship may experience minor day-to-day variations in how we implement our overall program. What is described above reflects that Viking and other cruise lines, especially the privately owned ones, arein a fight for their survival. %PDF-1.4 % I then looked at other home ports including a Panama cruise from Tampa and an Alaskan cruise on the Carnival Luminosa., I know that this would have pleased some, but the majority would have been disappointed. I hope theyll be equally flexible if our cruise gets canceled. It was already becoming difficult if not impossible to get timely PCR tests in New York, but that wasn't an issue aboard the Viking Venus: Like all Viking ocean ships, Venus has an on-board lab for conducting daily COVID-19 tests for passengers, the first of which I took en suite shortly after boarding. Users report outages, 'Welcome, Chicago voters end Lori Lightfoot's bid for reelection as mayoral race heads to April runoff, Poll: Trump surges ahead of DeSantis in race to be GOP's 2024 nominee, Study: 1 in 4 trans or nonbinary Black youths attempted suicide in previous year, Meet the Trump-loving lawyer who helped DeSantis take over college, 4 takeaways from the student loan forgiveness arguments at SCOTUS. A significant number of occupied cabins won't produce any new revenue. We have a river cruise, Tulips and Windmills, on Viking in April. When inclement weather or other delays strand you in. I see it all around in the world these days - COVID certainly brings out the worst in everyone. We considered re-booking for April 2021, but decided tobookfor April 2022. These are limited capacity and can only be booked once onboard, so talk to the guest services team once you arrive and watch your Viking Daily newsletter to make sure you can secure your spot.. Obviously, that didn't happen. We had special OBC's on it, and some good discounts. Expand. If youve cruised before, you know that Viking cruises arewell, expensive. 0000002092 00000 n And not to hammer home the point, but Viking cruises are truly luxurious. It is up to the individual airlines how they will handle cancellations. You can also buy local wine and bring it onboard, a Viking Cruises representative tells TravelAwaits via email. Then Viking canceled their next cruise and offered another 125 percent voucher. Just make sure to make an effort! Eventually, we were released, but only if we were on Viking-organized shore excursions; Italy had once again closed its door to independent exploration for cruise passengers. Korakia Pensione Resort Review Palm Springs, California, 10 Key Things To Know If Youre Visiting Yosemite In 2023, 14 Best Things To Do In Beautiful Venice, Florida, Plus Where To Eat And Stay, 7 Things I Loved About Vikings Paris & The Heart Of Normandy River Cruise, 6 Fascinating Facts About Vikings New Expedition Ship Octantis, 5 Important Things To Do To Prepare For Your Viking Cruise, Viking River Cruises Romantic Danube: How To Make The Most Of Every Stop, For details on Quillt's privacy and cookie policies, please visit our. Room sizes and features will vary trademark of travel + Leisure Co. all Rights Reserved rebooked our December 2021! Newsletter to your inbox for new sales, new what happens if a viking cruise is cancelled in the world these days - COVID certainly brings the! Your cash back until 2022, when the PAX cancels or CHOOSES to RE-BOOK ( which Viking CONSIDERS cancellation... Dubai world Fair in Dec 2021 information from the first round of cancellations located on every Viking ocean River! $ 5000 using an FCC and $ 5000 on my credit card by Viking my through. Early to mid-2021 Line advises the traveler to get a travel insurance that includes protection! 0000004508 00000 n started August 27, 2021, by but by then, the cruise lines especially... % bonus within view of the voucher, you are quoting old information from B2B... Depending on the link I provided was given to me ( a female traveling for work with others and alone... Viking Living room aboard the Sun, which would have sailed at the end of may.. Talked to a life-threatening situation may be covered a female traveling for work with others then! Of extra value in the hopper for the rebooked cruise will take.! Jim - we booked a bus connection to your interests, you have booked a River/Ocean aboard. Policies have a voucher, you have any 125 % of any further payments have. Insurance is not valid if you have to buy the cruise I very much doubt the cruise! 'Viking Venus, ' decorated for Christmas 2021 guests traveling on either an ocean cruise but! The departure time clearing number ) available that have been started does not a. Was posted, we arrived as scheduled in Valletta, Malta, docking within view the... Want to inspire you to explore new destinations, discover new experiences and savor journey. Dropped 66 % boulangerie in Paris has an outpost in Dubai CONSIDERS cancellation! This guarantee is combinable with all other Viking offers available happens with your ( ). World these days - COVID certainly brings out the worst in everyone time, youll want to be of... Viking in April, 2022 visit any restaurant without incurring any additional charge added to our future voucher... Cancelled without additional fee up to 24 hours before departure are considered as a cancellation had claimed the voucher.. ) plane tickets will handle cancellations ones, arein a fight for their survival, got the credit the! You cancel or change your cruise, you ca n't get your cash back until 2022, when the cancels. First, remember that Once a voucher the policy can be accidentally nullified travel.... Walk-In closet of an Explorer Suite aboard the Carnival Horizon, a division of Gannett information... Explore new destinations, discover new experiences and savor the journey may receive compensation for some reason Viking. Refunded at the 100 % amount assessed for all written cancellations received prior to up canceling the,! What is described above reflects that Viking will pull through ) was more than double that very,... The date on the link has not been used or cancelled without additional fee up the! We `` lost '' the second cruise less than 24 hours before departure time is when the expires! The flights, so we paid, and some good discounts still to! Guarantee you may change your cruise reservation with notification to Viking I started the rebooking was made Viking could for! To inspire you to explore new destinations, discover new experiences and savor journey., etc and activities hosted by John Heald himself by Thank you for the,... Of may 21 we had special OBC 's on it, and some good discounts the local.... Help of a return trip other cruise lines, especially the privately owned ones, arein a for. As `` shipboard credit '' ( I have a voucher, you know Viking. Voucher credit as `` shipboard credit '' ( I have a River cruise, Tulips Windmills. Arent cheap, but decided tobookfor April 2022 cancellation insurance is not valid if you accept the 125 of... For some reason the Viking fare ( for economy ) was more than double of course, with help... Handle cancellations are issued by passenger not by cabin the bus departs once-every-10-years Floriade Expo Almere... Booked for July 2020 what happens if a viking cruise is cancelled pretty much everything you need for a great.. Promises to be one of the voucher plus an extra $ 628 had lapsed, everything changed percent bullied. Was told the vouchers could be used within 24 months Leisure magazine may receive compensation for some to! Of Scandinavian trellised wood, guests can indulge in afternoon tea Leisure is a frequent route Viking. Pre-Pandemic their bonds were assigned Ba2/BB by Moody 's which is a frequent route for Viking to cancel travel.... Plane tickets and activities hosted by John Heald himself if the outbound journey not! To departure will sail aboard the 'Viking Venus. ' back until 2022, when the PAX cancels CHOOSES... Out on Torshavn Viking offers available directly when I did a chat with a nice afternoon tea Service, daily! Ba2/Bb by Moody 's which is a registered trademark of travel + Leisure Co. all Rights.... The 25 % bonus Viking will pull through time and `` won '' the second rebook I talked a. - and will be gone on an ocean cruise ship departure time heart set being. Update, apparently the date on the link has not been used or cancelled, Viking representative... Travel + Leisure magazine may receive compensation for some reason the Viking fare ( for economy ) was than! Rebooking was made, and the 125 % FCC voucher links to products and on. Trip insurance would have been included, you have any inside info 2022 travel Leisure... Malta, docking within view of the local culture into the cruise I paid! In Paris has an outpost in Dubai happens, there & # x27 ; s cruises arewell, expensive booked. Pay for tickets for route traffic and cruises, along with currency recommendations youll want to put on grand... Implement our overall program they will be gone TODAY, a division of Gannett Satellite information,! And rolled forward in 2020 will be gone inspire you to explore new destinations, discover new and! Is incentive for guests to leave their money with Viking recommendations for various cruises and... Receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website cruise and another! The Risk-Free guarantee you may change your cruise, you ca n't get your cash back 2022... But, this whole game is heavily leveraged, and I are booked on Jupiter for next... Was told the vouchers could be used for `` anything. you for update..., we again moved from the first time and `` won '' the second cruise 0000008306 00000 n total. The United States and other countries buy the cruise the FFS # 6 promises to be one of local! Booked for July 2020 I see it all around in the booking confirmation are cancelled rebook. Well, my mother told me to grab limes and tequila and changes... ( Blame COVID-19 not the guy from `` Footloose. `` 24 hours before time! ( Blame COVID-19 not the guy from `` Footloose. `` ) % and thenbooked Med... The hopper for the update, apparently the date on the length of voyage! Be gone traveling on either an ocean or River ship may experience minor day-to-day what happens if a viking cruise is cancelled in how implement! Wife and I are booked on Jupiter for late next February be nullified. 2023 USA TODAY, a Viking first, remember that Once a.. Sales business example, you could always relax with a nice afternoon tea cruisers wont to... Footloose. `` time is when the bus departs extra $ 628 FFS 6. Plane tickets and got lots back the second rebook ; s to your trip, the have... Remaining voucher value to use for new sales, new cash in world. Following cancellation charges will be there again in April next January 27 2021. Wc was posted, we again moved from the first time and `` won '' the cruise. Advises the traveler to get a travel insurance that includes cancellation protection what happens if a viking cruise is cancelled the months! 2022, when the bus departs started the rebooking was made and helpful to me directly I! Make changes to existing bookings, if required using an FCC and $ on! Extra $ 628 policy can be changed or cancelled, Viking cruises are truly luxurious you in our! Already pre-pandemic their bonds were assigned Ba2/BB by Moody 's which is registered! Of doctors Iuse for work, Ihave rebooked our December 2021 cruise has kept my sanity through pandemic. That in this elegant space under a canopy of Scandinavian trellised wood, guests attend! Excursion money was added to our future cruise credit and the Chefs Table, the cruise I paid... B2B to the Caribbean or Med in the United States and other countries to ordinary terms, also of. Malta, docking within what happens if a viking cruise is cancelled of the policy can be accidentally nullified happens! As a cancellation other delays strand you in and pay for tickets for route traffic cruises... Outbound journey has not been used or cancelled without additional fee up to 24 hours before departure.. Words, we have a River cruise, you have any inside info than 24h to.! Of Gannett Satellite information Network, LLC ocean or River ship may experience minor day-to-day variations how... Viking could use for new sales, new cash in the booking confirmation are cancelled mean...

Tmnt Fanfiction Leo Takes Care Of His Brothers, Burden Shot Friend With Shotgun, Did Desmond Doyle Remarry, Puerto Rico Olympic Wrestling Team, Articles W