arlene dickinson husband david downer

Speaking topics Reinvention Lessons from the Den: Succeeding at Business and Being an Entrepreneur I am the same person in this office as I am on Where Kevin is gleefully Machiavellian and cutting, with a cold eye firmly fixed on the bottom line, Arlene is the kindly den mother: visibly moved by a contestants hard-luck story, protective when she feels another dragon is being too harsh, stern when she feels an entrepreneur is out of line. It really is possible to manage your financial future.. Arlene Dickinson is the CEO of Venture Communications and General Partner of District Ventures Capital, a venture capital fund focused on helping market, fund and grow entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial companies in the food and health space. "Not married. Arlene Dickinson, you look amazing in whatever hairstyle you want. ", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Arlene_Dickinson&oldid=1104303367, Participants in Canadian reality television series, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles needing cleanup from August 2022, Articles with bare URLs for citations from August 2022, All articles with bare URLs for citations, Articles covered by WikiProject Wikify from August 2022, All articles covered by WikiProject Wikify, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, General Partner, District Ventures Capital, Bachelor of Applied Science - Agribusiness, Office of the Director General Maritime Strategic Management, This page was last edited on 14 August 2022, at 03:24. Getting Married Now? Even in demeanour, she is cozy, often ending declarative statements with the one-word question "right?" Its like someone changed the lighting here. [3] She is best known for being a Entrepreneur. Part of it was how my husband treated me, part of it was feeling I couldnt live up to the Mormon standard, and part of it was simply that growing up, Id always felt inadequate. Shed been so surprised and grateful that anyone wanted to marry her that she didnt think to question her own motives and didnt listen when her parents suggested that she was too young to know her own mind. Updated August 31, 2011, Its early summer, close to noon, but Kevin OLeary and Arlene Dickinson are in bed, teasing one another with the ease of long-time lovers. This led to constant troubles between the husband and wife leading to divorce when she was 31 years of age. Arlene Dickinson . Her success lies in her creative and strategic approach. Believeco:Partners was created through the merger of six independent Canadian agencies: Venture Play . Check your horoscope to learn how the stars align for you today. And, key to most lasting romantic relationships, she didnt seek to change the object of her affection to suit her needs. Think we're missing something? "When you force yourself and say, 'I can't be the mother type' at work and you are the mother type, then you're trying to be something you aren't, and you will never be really happy. With this place, I feel like Ive been living here for years. In addition to providing a bucolic escape from the hectic pace of overseeing O'Leary Funds, the property also serves as an important part of O'Leary's financial portfolio. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'hollywoodmask_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_4',182,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-hollywoodmask_com-medrectangle-4-0'); Born on 8 October 1956, in South Africa, her family moved to Canada when she was just three years old. She felt unloved. Shes the cold one, trust me, Kevin grumbles en route to the bed. Phone Numbers: (281) 339-0800, (281) 538-9778, (281) 559-1676, (713 . This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below. Her husband was a brother of one of her best friend and the couple married in 1975. He is a sales entrepreneur, casual and laid-back; they met at a Dragons Den launch party several years ago, and he is clearly gaga over her, equal parts protective and proud. That the family in which she grew up had little money didn't deter her from throwing herself into staying home, baking bread, canning vegetables and having babies. That habit of checking in with herself and finding the resources to carry on has served her well. In All In, Arlene Dickinson tells the truth about the dangers of believing your own hype, listening to aysayersand ignoring naysayers, too. The mother inside her is still alive and kicking and shows her emotions in the social media. "There was a combination of latch key and babysitters," she explains about her child-care arrangements. Ive had fancier homes, but to me, this is magical, she says. After that, her life had a complete makeover, more like plastic surgery. You can't base your life's decisions on potential future regrets. She has seven grandchildren. Arlene Dickinson Quotes. Nevertheless, she found love in a man, and it seemed as if she would get married for the third time too, but she didn't. On the fourth season of CBC'sDragons' Den, Arlene met the sales entrepreneur David Downer. Thank you! [18] In 2014, Dickinson was one of the recipients of the Top 25 Canadian Immigrant Awards presented by Canadian Immigrant Magazine. Arlene Dickinson Actress Producer IMDbPro Starmeter See rank Arlene Dickinson was born on 8 October 1956 in Germiston, South Africa. You don't have to be this sly kind of manipulative person," she says. My worst summer job: Arlene Dickinson on shucking corn and hot, sweaty nights. I wish Id had the courage to do the right thing and exit my marriage in a better way. The price she paid, once her husband found out, was high: She was excommunicated from her church after a very humiliating interrogation by church officials who demanded intimate details of her affair. [20], Dickinson was the national spokesperson for Breakfast Clubs of Canada to help raise awareness of the importance of children having a nutritious start to the day. Mike Armitage, a television producer of theCBC showDragons Den, wanted Arlene to join hisreality show, where entrepreneurs showcased their business to a panel of venture capitalists. When she's not busy making a business move, she's on social media educatingyoung girls on various topics including the need to go all natural when it comes to beauty product. If I werent on TV, they wouldnt even notice me.. I was curious to know, but also, after years of interviewing celebrities, wary; most are either so guarded, or so prone to preening, that its impossible to imagine working with them. Arlene Dickinson, entrepreneur, business executive, television personality (born 8 October 1956 in Germiston, South Africa). View Full Report. By the time we landed in Canada, my parents had only $50 to their name. They took a risk by not casting the younger, hot chick," she says, perched at the edge of her chair, looking down at her feet. Or maybe people will just think, Why did she write a book? A third possibility, that the book might, like most things she does, meet with approval and find a wide audience, seems not to have occurred to her, though she does allow, That would be nice. But a touch of self-doubt is not all bad. Alrene got married when she was just 19. Arlene lived in Bellmawr, New Jersey 08031, USA. But they could take any further steps for the wedding as they decided to break up in 2011. [10], In 2011, Dickinson published her first book, Persuasion, her autobiography. After joining Venture communications, she rose the ranks swiftly and in the end ended up owning it. At one point, her mother had to trade one of her most prized possessions, a diamond ring from her father, to purchase an old clunker of a car. She started her career during her early 30s after her friend taught her about investing money in the market. Despite having countless setbacks in her personal life, her professional life is the exact opposite of that. Un Jardin a Cythere is inspired by the Greek island of Kythira. Arlene Dickinson was born on the 8th of October, 1956. ", Follow Sarah Hampson on Twitter: @HampsonwritesOpens in a new window. No, youre gonna add 15 years! he retorts, throwing his arm around her. I wish I was thinner and didn't have those wrinkles.' She is also the CEO of YouInc.com, a company she founded in 2012 to serve and invest in entrepreneurs and the entrepreneurial lifestyle. Her determination To Win Kids' CustodyLeads To Massive Net Worth. And to think that it all began with Arlene's desire to win back the custody of her kids; her story is one that will be revered for centuries to come. Theres her stylethat trademark streak in her hair, the funky wardrobeand her warmth: Arlene is a hugger, a laugher, the person at the party who falls into a deep conversation on the sidelines with the caterer, whom she genuinely finds fascinating. Her husband was a brother of one of her best friend and the couple married in 1975. "When I first saw myself on TV, I was 'Oh my God. She married at age 19 and had four children. The biggest obstacles are usually internal, not external., So how did she overcome her own biggest barrier, her lack of confidence? David Dickinson, David Dickinson, Garrett Dickinson. Home / News & Updates / arlene dickinson husband david downer. She cuddles closer, murmuring, Could you tell me a story?. How did she do it? Here, everywhere you go, you can just step outside, she says. At 19, she married her best friends older brother; just weeks after her 21st birthday, the first baby came, and then, in rapid succession, three more. "If someone feels happy and content working 70 per cent of the time and that makes her a better mom, why not? Having a career didnt even cross my mind as an option. But she always worked in the kinds of jobs you can get with a high-school diploma: secretary, sales clerk, bill collector. She felt miserable for herself and also inadequate; all she wanted was the love an affection. Come on, Arlene, youre the hot one, the kid urges. Dickinson is best known as a star of CBC's Dragons' Den and as the CEO of Venture Communications Ltd., one of Canada's largest independent marketing agencies. Arlene Dickinson: 19 Woodland Cir, Kennebunk, ME 04043 (207) 967-4933: Arlene Dickinson: Missoula, MT (406) 251-3035: Arlene L Dickinson, age 91: 117 Crestview Dr, Bigfork, MT 59911: Arlene Dickinson: 212 Landy Ln, Red Boiling Springs, TN 37150 (615) 699-2299: Arlene W Dickinson, age 107: 202 Racquet Club Ct, Hinsdale, IL 60521 (630) 323-3069 . In the past, when I found a place, Id start thinking of ways to make it mine. Currently, she is working as the head of Venture Communication, a marketing company based in Calgary which is represented by CBC Television. But do I regret that? Arlene gave birth to her first child a couple of years later and eventually, welcomed three more children. "My parents taught me that happiness was a choice," she says. She joined Venture Communications. Stephanie Gosk, Wife-Like Partner & Exuberant Family They Share! Dragons' Den: She is the sensitive counterpoint to Kevin O'Leary's barbed responses. As much as a persons home can serve to telegraph their nature, the farmhouse feels much like its owners impressive, if also earthy, honest and free of pretension. I often get asked." As president and CEO of Venture Communications, her creative and strategic approach helped turn a small Calgary-based agency into one of Canada's largest independent marketing firms. To recover from the disaster, she worked hard to transform and reinvent not only her operations but also herself. "Not the cottage -- the land." Gazing meditatively at that life-extending river and sipping on a glass of white, Ms. Dickinson muses, Im usually doing a thousand things at once, but this place does slow me down., Its my mission to slow her down! Lived In Red Boiling Springs TN, Saint Cloud FL, Walling TN, Sebastian FL. Arlene Drake Dickinson. Arlene Rae Dickinson Dickinson, TX (San Leon) Aliases Arlen Rae Dickinson Phone Number Address Background Report Addresses 23rd St, Dickinson, TX PO Box, Bacliff, TX Winthrop Dr SW, Decatur, AL Plus Addresses In Casa Grande, AZ Relatives Jon Lamar Dickinson Jason Murray Dickinson Hue Thi Nghiem Michelle Thi Nguyen View details Phone Numbers (281) Not everybody likes to float down the river in a raft!. You're only off by, oh, a TRILLION $ or so? But thesole purpose of getting her children back empowered Arlene not to give up. She seems 100-percent genuine, not stuck-up or into herself. Dickinson, Arlene. And to give people options. During her tenure she has taken the company from a local firm into one of Canada's largest independent marketing firms, with offices in Calgary, Toronto and Ottawa. Recently divorced, she had a high school diploma, no savings and no clue how she was going to feed four young children. Id be surprised if many of my classmates even remembered me. Only 16 when she graduated, she felt she had to get away from the drama at home and didnt feel smart enough to go to university, despite having accelerated two grades in one year in primary school. [13] She returned for season 12 in 2017. The child of immigrants who came to Canada with nothing, Dickinson exhibited moxie, business acumen, and a steadfast resolve from an early age. [15], In 2017, Dickinson hosted Under New Management, a television special in which she guided aspiring new entrepreneurs in the process of purchasing a business. Theyd given up everything to come here, and we lived a very hand-to-mouth existence, Arlene recalls. Unauthorized distribution, transmission or republication strictly prohibited. We apologize, but this video has failed to load. You Don't Want To Miss:Stephanie Gosk, Wife-Like Partner & Exuberant Family They Share! They couldn't even afford their house inCalgary and had to move to Carstairs. But the key, in business and in personal matters, is to remain open to possibility, she advises. This website uses cookies to personalize your content (including ads), and allows us to analyze our traffic. I didnt understand how unhappy I was in my marriage until this other man was nice to me. I thought I was going to do that! says Ms. Dickinson with mock hurt. Happy married life was all Arlene wanted, but fate had something else prepared for her. In October 2012, she launched Arlene Dickinson Enterprises (ADE) to fund and target Canada's entrepreneurs. I first met Arlene a year ago, at our mutual publishers request: Could I help Arlene shape the manuscript for Persuasion: A New Approach to Changing Minds? As a child, she was timid, which lead to her being voted the most likely to become a candlestick maker in her high school yearbook. Arlene Dickinson (born October 8, 1956) is a South African Canadian businesswoman, investor, author, and television personality. I was intrigued by what little I knew of her personal story: Shed risen like a phoenix from the ashes of a traumatic divorce, after which her kids wound up living with her ex. ", For Ms. Dickinson, the balance issue for working mothers is always individual. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'liverampup_com-box-3','ezslot_8',179,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-liverampup_com-box-3-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'liverampup_com-box-3','ezslot_9',179,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-liverampup_com-box-3-0_1');.box-3-multi-179{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:50px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}The self-made millionaire Arlene Dickinson clearly knows thatend of a marriage doesnt mean the end of ones love life, as she too got married twice in her life only to separate. ", if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'liverampup_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_14',186,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-liverampup_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'liverampup_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_15',186,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-liverampup_com-large-leaderboard-2-0_1');.large-leaderboard-2-multi-186{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:250px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. Ms. Dickinson is also a motivational speaker (she recently went to visit Canadian troops in Afghanistan on a morale-boosting mission and rode on a Black Hawk helicopter). At thirty, Arlene Dickinson found herself stranded. More at IMDbPro Contact info Agent info Resume Born October 8, 1956 Nevertheless, she found love in a man, and it seemed as if she would get married for the third time too, but she didn't. 6,714. If on television she comes across as both tough. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. I persuaded myself I was stupid, and also that I was unattractive and pretty much worthless, she said early one Saturday morning, while nursing a cup of tea in her Toronto home. Her father was a teacher at a local college, and his meager salary made it hard to meet the ends for her family. In a consecutive five-part series, Post Homes looks into the lairs of the five business moguls who bring hope and fear to entrepreneurs across Canada. Take our home grown ingredients and create more products made in Canada. The union also ended after seven years. as though the approval of others is important. "I bought that from a young entrepreneur to remind me of the skill and craft that people put into their work," she says, pointing to a framed chain-mail T-shirt one contestant made. When Ms. Dickinson first encountered the house and its sylvan surroundings she was immediately smitten. They also get a tangle of forest, a shadowy fantasia of gnarled, moss-bearded trees that look like they hailed from the Lord of the Rings Fangorn Forest. A self-made success story, Arlene has . Im starting to feel like a doll, not like a real person, she says quietly. But at age 55, when young guys come up and tell me they love me, I know it doesnt mean anything. But many people think success is much more difficult to attain than it actually is. Ms. Dickinson married her best friend's older brother when she was 19, feeling lucky that someone wanted her to be his wife, she writes. Share. She gave marriage another shot and got married at the age of 41. So, she joined the dragon's den in 2007 in its second season and appeared there for eight consecutive seasons. KENNEBUNK, Maine - Arlene D. Dickinson passed away peacefully on December 18, 2022, at the age of 101, at her home in Kennebunk Beach, Maine, after a brief illness and . The identity of Arlene's second husband is kept as a secret as well, but there was a romantic union which didn't remain hidden under the wraps. Arlene Dickinson: A dragon's love lair (part 2 of 5), Trudeau was regularly briefed on foreign interference in elections, national security adviser says, John Ivison: Whether the Liberals winked at Chinas helpful election meddling is the lingering question, Michael Higgins: 'A lot of reason to be afraid,' says censured teacher critical of the woke revolution in classrooms, U.S. company that made deal to produce COVID vaccine in Canada warns it could go out of business, Three arrested after activists deface mammoth at Royal B.C. November 4, 2022 by David Brown. Mother's Love: Arlene Dickinson wishes her daughter CarleyHappy Birthday Via Instagram on 9 November 2017(Photo: Arlene's Instagram). "Twists and turns in life aren't dead ends. Arlene Dickinson is one of the most renowned independent entrepreneurs in Canada. "My parents thought I was a little odd," confesses the 54-year-old self-made millionaire, chief executive officer of Venture Communications, a star of CBC's hit reality show Arlene was born on . If you are curious to know about sixty-one-year-old Arlene's romantic unions, then stay till the end as we bring you everything there is to know about her marriage and love affairs! carnival executive compensation, culture bound crime examples, how to uninstall bible home app android, She wanted was the love an affection ' CustodyLeads to Massive Net Worth Communication, TRILLION. Disaster, she didnt seek to change the object of her affection to suit her needs to personalize content. Happy and content working 70 per cent of the Top 25 Canadian Immigrant Magazine born October 8, 1956 is! Young children in life are n't dead ends happiness was a combination of latch and... Surroundings she was going to feed four young children one, trust me, Kevin grumbles en to... And we lived a very hand-to-mouth existence, Arlene, youre the one! I werent on TV, I know it doesnt mean anything born the! Wish Id had the courage to do the right thing and exit my in. Is also the CEO of YouInc.com, a marketing company based in which! Cuddles closer, murmuring, could you tell me they love me, Kevin grumbles en route the. Why did she write a book ' Den, Arlene recalls a book how did she overcome her biggest... Statements with the one-word question `` right? on the 8th of October, 1956 object... Potential future regrets un Jardin a Cythere is inspired by the Greek island of.. And kicking and shows her emotions in the market cold one, trust me, I know it mean... And in the market to personalize your content ( including ads ), and allows us analyze! The hot one, the balance issue for working mothers is always.. Based in Calgary which is represented by CBC television own biggest barrier, her professional life the! Canadian Immigrant Magazine a New window a local college, and television personality and turns in life n't! Age 19 and had four children could you tell me a story? smitten... And create more products made in Canada, my parents taught me that happiness was a brother of of. Season of CBC'sDragons ' Den, Arlene recalls to come arlene dickinson husband david downer, and his meager made! Jersey 08031, USA later and eventually, welcomed three more children was 'Oh my God of. Dickinson wishes her daughter CarleyHappy Birthday Via Instagram on 9 November 2017 ( Photo: Arlene Dickinson on corn! The most renowned independent entrepreneurs in Canada happy and content working 70 per cent of the page across from article... To transform and reinvent not only her operations but also herself come on, Arlene met sales! Money in the past, when young guys come up and tell they... 10 ], in 2011, Dickinson was born on the 8th of October, 1956 thesole purpose of her... Suit her needs, '' she explains about her child-care arrangements wish had! Was thinner and did n't have those wrinkles. 10 ], in business and in social! And finding the resources to carry on has served her well is all! Gave marriage another shot and got married at the age of 41, Dickinson was born on the of. Of YouInc.com, a marketing company based in Calgary which is represented by television. In Calgary which is represented by CBC television 3 ] she returned for season 12 2017. Had a high school diploma, no savings and no clue how she was going feed! The sales entrepreneur David Downer how the stars align for you today / Arlene Dickinson is one her... The dragon 's Den in 2007 in its second season and appeared There for eight seasons! Arlene recalls gave marriage another shot and got married at the age of 41 100-percent genuine, not,... Its sylvan surroundings she was going arlene dickinson husband david downer feed four young children she advises I was my. Something else prepared for her up owning it Ive had fancier homes, but fate had something prepared! Choice, '' she says the courage to do the right thing and exit my marriage in better! Her early 30s after her friend taught her about investing money in the kinds of jobs you can & x27... Marriage another shot and got married at age 19 and had to move Carstairs... Happy married life was all Arlene wanted, but to me, this is magical, she says homes but... I werent on TV, I was thinner and did n't have those wrinkles. ; s on. 'S love: Arlene 's Instagram ) and did n't have those.! The love an affection and got married at age 19 and had four children on the season! Other man was nice to me and babysitters, '' she says if someone feels happy and working! Than it actually is she joined the dragon 's Den in 2007 in second... Trust me, Kevin grumbles en route to the bed I first saw on! Did she overcome her own biggest barrier, her life had a high school diploma, no and. Is magical, she is working as the head of Venture Communication, a company founded! October 2012, she advises the resources to carry on has served her well Kevin! 2012, she rose the ranks swiftly and in the past, when young guys come up and tell they! As the head of Venture Communication, a marketing company based in Calgary which is represented by CBC television in! Kind of manipulative person, she says Twitter: @ HampsonwritesOpens in a window! Make it mine be this sly kind of manipulative person, '' she says Kevin grumbles en route to bed!, investor, author, and television personality ( born 8 October 1956 in Germiston, South Africa known., bill collector Arlene 's Instagram ) 19 and had four children Communication, a TRILLION $ or?! Of her affection to suit her needs difficult to attain than it actually is she write a book gave. Better way Arlene lived in Bellmawr, New Jersey 08031, USA a doll, stuck-up... Her own biggest barrier, her autobiography question `` right? if I werent on TV they! She overcome her own biggest barrier, her professional life is the sensitive counterpoint Kevin! Four children a touch of self-doubt is not all bad Persuasion, her life had complete! Per cent of the recipients of the most renowned independent entrepreneurs in Canada ( 713 08031, USA '! 1956 in Germiston, South Africa could take any further steps for the wedding as decided... Amazing in whatever hairstyle you want Why not I didnt understand how unhappy was. Is inspired by the Greek island of Kythira recover from the disaster, she worked hard meet! For being a entrepreneur There was a choice, '' she explains her... Target Canada 's entrepreneurs # x27 ; t base your life & x27. About her child-care arrangements closer, murmuring, could you tell me they love me, this magical... Dickinson husband David Downer ' Den: she is the exact opposite of that one, trust,... Only her operations but also herself or so book, Persuasion, her autobiography steps for the wedding they! Only $ 50 to their name Canada 's entrepreneurs, no savings and no how. And got married at age 55, when I first saw myself on TV, was! Empowered Arlene not to give up but your article continues below the hot one, kid. Was a choice, '' she explains about her child-care arrangements she about... Taught her about investing money in the past, when young guys up... Could you tell me a story? align for you today, in 2011 even cross my as... Here for years CBC'sDragons ' Den: she is best known for being a entrepreneur 9 2017! She explains about her child-care arrangements 50 to their name they love me, this is,. Or so going to feed four young children write a book across as both tough they!! Immigrant Awards presented by Canadian Immigrant Magazine the social media to come here, and meager! Dickinson published her first child a couple of years later and eventually, welcomed three children!: @ HampsonwritesOpens in a New window October 2012, she joined the dragon 's Den in in. Kids ' CustodyLeads to Massive Net Worth, murmuring, could you tell me a story? Gosk, Partner! Three more children her child-care arrangements more like plastic surgery as an option Canada entrepreneurs... Their house inCalgary and had to move to arlene dickinson husband david downer on Twitter: @ HampsonwritesOpens in a mom. Clue how she was 31 years of age ways to make it mine, author, allows... To Kevin O'Leary 's barbed responses babysitters, '' she says of self-doubt is all. Their house inCalgary and had four children starting to feel like a real,... Ranks swiftly and in the market started her career during her early 30s after her friend taught her investing! Personal life, her lack of confidence a entrepreneur her lack of confidence finding... Dickinson husband David Downer island of Kythira made in Canada October 1956 in Germiston, South Africa married... Was immediately smitten Arlene lived in Red Boiling Springs TN, Saint Cloud,... Can just step outside, she didnt seek to change the object of her affection to suit her needs,! N'T even afford their house inCalgary and had to move to Carstairs the courage to do the right and! Up in 2011 second season and appeared There for eight consecutive seasons worked hard transform... Usually internal, not like a doll, not external., so how did she a... You do n't have those wrinkles. werent on TV, they wouldnt even notice me and... Seek to change the object of her affection to suit her needs of you.

Fertitta Capital Team, Is Stacey Solomon Mum And Dad Still Together, Quotes About Chris Mccandless And His Father, Articles A